1/1 Photo of Marinated Broccoli & Mushrooms
From Sunset’s book, Fresh Produce A to Z. Cook time doesn’t include 1-2 hour refrigeration time. Nutrition per serving of vegetables: 216 calories, 5 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 17 g total fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium; per tablespoon of marinade: 89 calories, 0 g protein, 2 g carbohydrates, 9 g total fat, 0 mg cholesterol, .17 mg sodium.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse broccoli. Cut off and discard base of stalks, leaving about 3 ½ inches of stalks below flowerets. Cut stalk and flowerets lengthwise into spears. Cut flowerets into bite-size pieces; peel stalks, then cut diagonally into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- 2Steam broccoli: arrange spears or pieces on a rack. Steam until barely tender-crisp to bite (2 to 3 minutes). Immerse in cold water; when cold, drain well. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, mushrooms, onions, and celery.
- 3Stir together sugar and vinegar until sugar is dissolved. Stir in paprika, celery seeds, and oil. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 4Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Broccoli & Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.7
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 58.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g