Recipe by Mille®
Top Review by Charlotte J
A keeper!! I was not sure what the lemon would do or even if I'd liked it. But I do attest it was a wonderful addition to the salad. To me you could just taste a bit of a tartness it added. TY Miller. I had a package of Hormel Real Bacon Bits so I used 1 cup of the bits instead of the bacon slices.
- 4 bunches broccoli, florets only
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 package toasted or roasted sunflower seeds
- 16 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 lemons, juice only
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut fresh broccoli florets until they are small bite sized pieces.
- Toss with onion slices, raisins, sunflower seeds and bacon crumbles.
- Combine mayonnaise and cream with sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour over broccoli mixture.
- Cover in refrigerator for at least 24 hours.