Recipe by Mirj
This is one of my favorite recipes from one of my favorite cookbooks, It Tastes Too Good To Be Kosher. I've done this in the oven, but have also tried it in the crockpot, on low for about 8 hours. Prep time includes the overnight marinading.
Top Review by chia
after 2 nights of pesach, this made a nice post seder meal and i served it over matzoh farfel. it was a little tough, i think it could have been cooked longer, but i used a 3 lb brisket and cooked it for 3 hours. the flavor was very nice, good easy recipe and prep too.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 4 lbs beef brisket
- 2 cups finely diced onions
- 2 cups red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the lemon juice, pepper, parsley and marjoram together.
- Coat the brisket with the mixture and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- It's best to do this in the baking dish that you will be using.
- The next day brown the meat on all sides and return to the marinade.
- Add the onion and red wine over the top of the brisket and cover with foil.
- Roast in oven at 325 degrees F for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.