This is one of my favorite recipes from one of my favorite cookbooks, It Tastes Too Good To Be Kosher. I've done this in the oven, but have also tried it in the crockpot, on low for about 8 hours. Prep time includes the overnight marinading.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the lemon juice, pepper, parsley and marjoram together.
- 2Coat the brisket with the mixture and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- 3It's best to do this in the baking dish that you will be using.
- 4The next day brown the meat on all sides and return to the marinade.
- 5Add the onion and red wine over the top of the brisket and cover with foil.
- 6Roast in oven at 325 degrees F for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.8
- Calories from Fat 433
- Total Fat 48.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 132.4 mg
- Sodium 119.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: