Marinated Boneless Venison Loin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs venison loin, cut into 4 servings each 3/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf, broken
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup red wine
- Place the meat in a glass dish and pour the cooled marinade over it.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and dry on paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan (cast iron) over high heat.
- Add the meat and fry it quickly for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately on heated plates.
- Place the water, bay leaf, onion and thyme, in a pan, bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly and add the red wine, then cool the marinade in the fridge.