Recipe by Kim D.
Great for parties or gift giving. Note that the cooking time is actually the time the bocconcini needs to be refrigerated before serving.
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 4 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt, to taste
- 4 lbs bocconcini (small mozzarella balls, about 2 inches in diameter)
- 6 cups extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sterilize 4 pint-sized mason jars.
- To each mason jar add 3 basil leaves, 3 thyme sprigs, 1 sprig fresh rosemary, 1 clove garlic, a pinch red pepper flakes and salt, to taste.
- Fill the jar half way up with extra-virgin olive oil and add 10 to 12 drained boccocini balls.
- Top off with more extra-virgin olive oil.
- Cover and seal the jar. Repeat with the other 3 jars.
- Turn the jars over several.
- Refrigerate for 3 at least days before serving.
- Lasts for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.