Recipe by Abby Girl
This colourful salad can be served in the summer time or at Christmas as part of a buffet. It is fast, easy and can be made in advance. Feed 6 or 12, just add more ingredients and adjust the seasonings to taste
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- black pepper
- 400 g bocconcini, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large orange bell pepper (optional)
- 1 large green bell pepper (optional)
- 6 ounces artichoke hearts (optional)
- kalamata olive (optional)
- 200 g prawns, cooked (optional)
- 6 cups radicchio, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut peppers into quarters, removing the seeds. Trim the corners off the ends so the pepper lays relatively flat on baking dish (it chars the peppers more evenly!).
- Roast halves under broiler or on grill until skin is blackened, approximately 5 - 8 minutes. (Hint: I usually take each pepper out when done and continue with the rest until all are charred).
- Once removed from the heat, immediately place peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Steam for about 10 minutes (this cools the peppers slightly and makes it easier for the peel to fall off). Uncover and peel off charred skins.
- Combine rest of ingredients and chill for at least 2 hours.