Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love roasted peppers! This one takes a bit of effort but it's worth it. Enjoy!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped (1/4 tsp dry)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped (1/4 tsp dry)
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Wash and dry peppers.
- Roast whole peppers in oven at 450ºF for 10-15 minutes or until skin blisters and blackens.
- Immediately transfer peppers to a holding pan, seal with plastic wrap and cool.
- Remove skins and seeds from cooled peppers. Slice peppers into strips. Season peppers with extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, basil, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle both sides of bread with extra virgin olive oil.
- Grill bread on both sides.
- Transfer peppers to serving plates.
- Serve with grilled bread.