Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The combination of the roasted peppers and the olive oil with the garlic on top of a cracker is the perfect combo. You can serve on crackers as an appetizer of it goes great on top of a nice rib eye or you can even put it on bread to make a sandwich.
- 6 bell peppers (Green and red})
- 4 -5 garlic cloves (or more)
- olive oil (enough to coat generously)
- salt and pepper
- Roast the bell peppers until mostly black. Then set aside in a covered bowl to cool.
- Once cooled peel the skin off and discard along with core and seeds. Then cut into desired sized pieces. (I usually just pull apart the pepper into 1" strips}.
- Mince the garlic (use fresh garlic).
- Combine the cut peppers the garlic with enough olive oil to coat generously.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This was easy and delicious. Several people asked me for the recipe. They will keep in the fridge for about a week.I skipped the seasoning pepper but the salt(not much) was a must. I crushed the garlic cloves with the broad side of a knife instead of mincing. I served it as a cold side dish.