Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr
a good beety recipe!
- 30 beets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 pinches ground black pepper (to taste)
- chopped fresh chives (to taste)
- cut off the beet greens. wash,but don't peel,the beets.
- place them in a pot,cover with water by 1 inch,& add the salt.
- bring to a boil and cook until tender,about 45 minuites to a hour.
- drain and,when cool enough to handle,slip off the skins.
- cut into slice about 1/2 inch thick.
- combine the remaing indgrediants & toss with the warm beets.
- serve warm or at room temperature.