Recipe by PSU Lioness
This delicious, quick and easy to prepare beef stir-fry will please parents and kids alike. It makes a great all-in-one meal and may just become a new family favorite. Recipe and description are from Disney's Family Fun website.
- 8 ounces round steaks, cut into strips (you can also use rump steak, or sirloin)
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 6 ounces new potatoes
- 4 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil (I have used canola oil and it tasted fine)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake or 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (I have used canola oil and added a tsp sesame seeds)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 chicken stock cube, dissolved in 6 tablespoons boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the ingredients for the marinade and marinate the beef strips for at least 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. I usually marinate for 1 hour, flipping after a half hour.
- When the beef is done marinating, cook the pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water according to the instructions on the package, drain, set aside, and keep warm.
- Steam the carrot, potatoes, and green beans for about 6 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or large frying pan over Medium-High heat and stir-fry the beef for 3 minutes. Take out the beef and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and saute the garlic and onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper to the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add to beef/veggie mixture.
- Cut the potatoes into slices, and add these together with the carrot, green beans, and beef and season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix together the ingredients for the sauce.
- Stir the sauce and cooked pasta into the veggie/beef/onion mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.