Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I very nice way to marinate and grill tri tip. You can combine it with a blackberry and onion relish which is optional. I have posted that recipe also. Blackberry and Onion relish #rz.164682
- 2⁄3 cup hearty red wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 6 medium garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tri-tip steak
- kosher salt
- blackberry and onion relish (optional)
- Mix the red wine, soy sauce and mustard together. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add the pepper, garlic, bay leaves and thyme. Add the meat and turn to coat with marinade. Refrigerate and let marinate at least 2-3 hours, but not more than 12.
- Remove te meat from the marinade and season well with kosher salt. Grill to desired doneness. Remove from heat. cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain. Serve with the blackberry and onion relish if desired.