Recipe by anonymous
Can use pressure cooker, crockpot or oven to infuse meat with flavor and make very tender! Time does not include marinating.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Thanks, Amber, for a really great recipe. The only differences I made was to use beef broth instead of the au jus gravy or mix. Also, did not add the dressing to the beef after browning. Just used a bit more broth. Otherwise, it was very tasty and simple to make.
- 2 lbs stew meat (trimmed)
- 24 ounces Italian dressing (1 large bottle)
- 1 -2 au jus gravy (if using packets-add water as instructed on packet)
- 3 cups rice (I use Uncle Bens long grain)
- cornstarch (cornstarch & water to thicken)
- oil (to brown beef)
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade beef in italian dressing overnight if possible.
- Brown beef in skillet with some oil if needed, save italian dressing to add later. (I skip browning the beef on occasion, and turns out just fine).
- In a large pot, pressure cooker, crockpot or oven dish, add au jus gravy, 1/2-all of the remaining italian dressing, and beef. Cover and cook on med low, or at 325 (for oven).
- Cook until tender (crockpot 8-10 hrs, Oven 2-3 hrs).
- Start rice and cook according to directions. Can add some butter to rice.
- Before serving: In a cup, add about a teaspoon of cornstarch and enough water to make into paste. Add to meat mixture and stir.