Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Can use pressure cooker, crockpot or oven to infuse meat with flavor and make very tender! Time does not include marinating.
- 2 lbs stew meat (trimmed)
- 24 ounces Italian dressing (1 large bottle)
- 1 -2 au jus gravy (if using packets-add water as instructed on packet)
- 3 cups rice (I use Uncle Bens long grain)
- cornstarch (cornstarch & water to thicken)
- oil (to brown beef)
- Marinade beef in italian dressing overnight if possible.
- Brown beef in skillet with some oil if needed, save italian dressing to add later. (I skip browning the beef on occasion, and turns out just fine).
- In a large pot, pressure cooker, crockpot or oven dish, add au jus gravy, 1/2-all of the remaining italian dressing, and beef. Cover and cook on med low, or at 325 (for oven).
- Cook until tender (crockpot 8-10 hrs, Oven 2-3 hrs).
- Start rice and cook according to directions. Can add some butter to rice.
- Before serving: In a cup, add about a teaspoon of cornstarch and enough water to make into paste. Add to meat mixture and stir.
Thanks, Amber, for a really great recipe. The only differences I made was to use beef broth instead of the au jus gravy or mix. Also, did not add the dressing to the beef after browning. Just used a bit more broth. Otherwise, it was very tasty and simple to make.