Onions and mushrooms naturally complement rich beef. Use cremini mushrooms in the ragout for a more robust flavor. The beef is so tender! I served this with a baked sweet potato and a spinach salad. It should be served with a nice red wine or rose - since I am not a connoisseur of wines I can't say too much. Cooking Light Magazine, November 2008 Edition.This was posted on 11/05/2008.
My Private Note
3 oz se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (2 lb) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups sliced button mushrooms (about 1 pound) or 8 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup madeira wine or 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/3 cup fat free low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1PREPARE BEEF:.
- 2Combine shallots, vinegar, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, honey & garlic in a large zip-lock plastic bag add beef to bag; seal.
- 3Marinate in refrigerator 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- 4Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 5Remove beef from bag; discard marinade.
- 6Sprinkle beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 7Place beef on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- 8Bake at 450° for 35 minutes or until a thermometer registers 135° or until desired degree of doneness.
- 9Place tenderloin on a platter; let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 10PREPARE RAGOUT:.
- 11Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 12Add onion & a pinch of crushed red peppers to pan; cook 15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- 13Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- 14Increase heat to medium-high.
- 15Add mushrooms, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and thyme; sauté 8 minutes.
- 16Stir in Madeira; cook 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- 17Add broth; cook 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- 18Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 19E N J O Y!
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Beef Tenderloin/Caramelized Onions/Mushroom Ragout
Serving Size: 1 (2040 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.1
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 500.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free low-sodium beef broth