Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 beef tenderloin
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 cup for basting. Pour remaining marinade into a large ziploc bag; add bay leaf and tenderloin. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade and bay leaf/ Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until meat reaches dired doneness. For rare, a meat thermometer should read 140 degrees. For medium, 160. For well, 170. Baste often with reserved marinade. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.