Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another of my father's recipes...My dad was a cook in the canadian military for 30 years and he always prepared tenderloins this way... I hope you enjoy this taste from my childhood.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 0.06 lb Italian salad dressing mix, 1 envelope
- 1 teaspoon mustard, prepared
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pierce meat with a fork in several places.
- Put meat in a deep plastic bag.
- Combine all ingredients and pour over meat.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 and bake for 40 - 50 minutes, depending on how you prefer your meat cooked.
- Please note * marinating time is not included in preparation time.
I made this marinated beef for dinner last night and it was just wonderful. I was fixing dinner for just two of us so I used a thicker cut of sirlion steak. I then cooked it on the grill, covered as it was raining, the outside got a little more charred but the inside stayed stayed moist, tender and tasty!!!! Made for photo tag.
This was great BK, I used chicken broth in place or water and sirloin beef strips in place of tenderloin, also I added in fresh garlic to the marinade and pan fryed the beef, served with cooked rice this made a great take-home meal for DS! thanks for sharing hon...Kitten:)
Made this over the weekend for a small family dinner and it was delicious. The meat came out so moist and the marinating gave it an outstanding flavor. We really enjoyed this meal. I served it with a baked potato and green beans with almonds.