Recipe by Jen T
I made this up using the marinade recipe from my Marinated and Crumbed Pork Schnitzel dish. I believe it is quite tasty :) You can make it with the vegetables I used, leave them out, or, use what you have on hand.
Top Review by Gerry
Love stir fries and this one is no exception. The ingredients combined to make for a wonderful evening meal. Other than adding some mushrooms that I had on hand made as posted. Definitely be making this one again for sure. Made for the Auz/NZ Swap.
- 4 large beef schnitzel
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled & crushed)
- 1 small broccoli (sliced)
- 1⁄2 small cauliflower (sliced)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 spring onions (green onions I think in the USA, sliced)
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice meat across the grain into strips and place in a glass dish.
- Mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic and pour over the meat mixing well.
- Leave to marinate for approx 2hours to get the best flavour or longer if you wish.
- Meanwhile steam the brocolli, cauliflower & carrots or cook til just crisp tender in a microwave.
- When ready to cook, drain meat reserving the marinade.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok until very hot.
- Add beef strips and cook quickly to seal. You may need to do this in 2 batches.
- Add the onion & cook, stirring til lightly browned.
- Add in the drained vegetables and toss to mix.
- Mix the cornflour with a little cold water and then add in the reserved marinade and more water to make 1 cup liquid.
- Add the liquid to the pan and stir til thickened and heated through.
- Serve over steamed rice and top with sliced spring onions.