Prep 12 hrs
Cook 4 hrs
This is a really good oven brisket that is marinated over night in beef broth and lots of seasonings. The au jus is incredible and the meat is fall apart tender.
- 1 3⁄4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 -5 lbs beef brisket, trimmed of most fat
- Whisk first 8 ingredients together in medium bowl. Place brisket in glass baking dish or other nonreactive container. Pour liquid over meat and turn meat to coat. Cover meat and refrigerate 12 hours or over night. You can marinate this up to 24 hours in refrigerator if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place marinated meat in roasting pan. Reserve marinade. Roast meat, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F Pour reserved marinade over meat. Cover tightly and roast undisturbed for 3 hours.
- Let brisket stand 15 minutes before slicing thinly against grain. Serve with juice from the roasting pan. This is even better is roasted the day before serving. Slice meat and return it to pan juices. Store covered in refrigerator. Heat in 300°F oven until heated through, about 40 minutes.