Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe comes from our local newspaper, it's a wonderful recipe for bean salad. You can also add in a can or two of drained whole mushrooms, and use a red bell pepper in place of green. Plan ahead this needs to chill for 24 hours.
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can yellow beans, drained
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and toss well to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for 24 hours.
- Drain before serving.