Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is my favorite bean salad recipe. I found it in Southern Living a few years ago.
- 1 (17 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut wax beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; toss.
- Combine sugar and remaining 4 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour hot vinegar mixture over bean mixture; stir gently.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Serve with slotted spoon.
This is a great make-ahead side dish that is so easy to prepare and will certainly satisfy the bean lovers in your family. This is one of those dishes that gets better and better the longer it marinates. I marinated it overnight. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing, Curleyberley.