Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from the Aug/Sept 2004 issue of Light and Tasty. This is a fast, easy and tasty grilled chicken recipe. Just throw it all together the night before and then grill the following evening. Couldn't be easier!! Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken.
- Add barbecue sauce to remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, over indirect heat for 35-50 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 170 degrees Fahrenheit, turning and basting occasionally with marinade.
- Before serving, brush with remaining marinade.
Very tasty. I used boneless breasts, but will try with a whole chicken next time.
really good recipe
This is my favorite grilled chicken! I don't change a thing and that is very rare for me! Comes out perfect everytime. I use Sweet Baby Ray's for the barbecue sauce.