Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Easy to make and different from usual barbecued chicken.
Top Review by Chef PotPie
The whole family loved this with a capital "L!" This will be on my regular rotation of favorites...we could eat the sauce with a spoon. It is great served over rice, I should've taken another picture. Cooked for 30 minutes...perfect. Thanks Lvs for posting this!
- 1814.36 g boneless skinless chicken
- 354.88 ml sherry wine
- 118.29 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml minced fresh ginger
- 236.59 ml sherry wine
- 177.44 ml hoisin sauce
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 59.14 ml packed dark brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and dry chicken. Place in a large dish.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups sherry, soy sauce, 2 cloves of garlic and ginger and mix well. Pour over chicken and turn to coat. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Turn occasionally.
- When ready to bake, drain and discard the marinade.
- Arrange chicken in a shallow pan. Pour a mixture of 1 cup sherry, hoisin, ketchup, brown sugar and 1 minced clove garlic over the chicken.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and no pink remains. If desired, you may turn the chicken once during baking.
- The chicken can be grilled but do not baste with the sauce until the last few minutes of grilling or the chicken will burn.