Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are just like the marinated olives that you purchase in the European markets...if not better. They will stay forever in the fridge. This recipe makes quite a lot of olives (6 cups), but can be scaled down in half if desired....note: plan ahead, these olives need to stay in the fridge for at least 8 hours (the more time left marinating in the fridge, the stronger the flavor will be). Prep time includes the 8 hour refrigeration marinating time.
- 2 (8 ounce) jars ripe olives, drained
- 2 (7 ounce) jars kalamata olives, drained
- 2 (7 ounce) jars pimento stuffed olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup good quality olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning