Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the first baked tofu recipe I ever tried- simple and tasty!
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Drain tofu and press for thirty minutes to remove excess water.
- To prepare marinade, mix the soy sauce and water, then add ginger, garlic, and cumin. 1 tsp cayenne pepper can be added for a spicy kick. Put marinade into a medium-sized, flat plastic container for marinating.
- Slice tofu into 6 equal-sized "cutlets" and lay flat, side-by-side, in marinade. The container should be small enough so that the marinade covers at least half of the tofu.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning the tofu pieces over halfway through.
- Cover a pan with tin foil and place marinated tofu on foil, brushing extra marinade over each piece.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, remove and flip tofu, then bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the edges appear golden brown.
- Serve warm or refrigerate and serve chilled later.