I am addicted to baked tofu!! Thank you Mollie Katzen and The Enchanted Broccoli Forest for the excellent marinade recipe! The tofu never lasts long enough to make it into a stir-fry at my house. I end up eating it by itself. I love it hot or cold. And of course absolutely everything to do with this recipe can be adapted to taste or what you have in the kitchen. Enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu or 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu, in water
- 3 -4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey (optional) or 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Drain tofu and cut into 1" cubes.
- Mix all other ingredients together except olive oil.
- Pour marinade over tofu and cover.
- Refrigerate overnight or longer (I've left it for 3 nights).
- Lightly grease baking pan or sheet with olive oil.
- Arrange tofu in single layer on sheet, making sure not to forget the garlic and ginger from the marinade dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, flipping tofu at least once during the process, until brown and slightly crispy.