Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another recipe I found in TOH. This is wonderfully flavored chicken breast in a buttery cracker crumb coating that my family all loved. Serve with a side of pasta and salad. Note: May use light or FF sour cream and I also reduced the butter in half for this recipe with great results.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons celery salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter flavored crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted, divided
- In a large shallow bowl, combine sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, half of the celery salt and paprika, salt, and half of the pepper and garlic powder. Add chicken; turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Meanwhile, in a large bag or another bowl, combine crackers and remaining seasonings. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Shake or dredge chicken in crumb mixture. Place in an ungreased jelly roll or broiler pan; drizzle with 1/4 cup butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Drizzle with remaining butter; bake 30 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
This was a very rich dish. My family mowed through this and everyone had seconds. Thanks for this and will be making again.
I wish that I could give this recipe more than five stars....as it was SO good!!<br/>DH totally went mad for this, and has requested it several times since I first made it.<br/>I used low fat sour cream, and cut back on the butter, and ended up with moist , juicy chicken.<br/>We loved it Diner....thank you so much for a gem of a recipe!<br/>Made for PRMR.
Yes, indeed. Loved this! I intended to make this recipe last night, so I put the chicken in the marinade about 4 pm, only to find out DH wouldn't be home for dinner. So, I left them overnight and cooked tonight instead. Wonderful!! I used boneless chicken breasts and panko instead of the cracker crumbs. Baked about 45 mins. So good!!