Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from one of my Grandma's old copies of Taste of Home magazine. The depth of flavor really goes beyond the simple ingredients and easy preparation. We really enjoy it.
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 6 chicken breast halves, bone-in
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Combine salad dressing and soy sauce.
- Pour 3/4 cup of marinade into resealable plastic bag, add chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, turning several times.
- Refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken, skin side up in a roasting pan. Pour marinade from the bag over chicken. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45-60 minutes until juices run clear, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.
- I like to turn on the broiler for the last few minutes to crisp up the skin nicely.
This was very quick and simple recipe. It had a good flavor and was very moist. I did feel the Itailian salad dressing overpowered the soy sauce, so next time will go with a 1/4 cup of salad dressing to 1/2 cup of soy sauce.