1/3 Photos of Marinated Asparagus Salad
8 hrs 7 mins
Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables and I love preparing it this way. Preparation time includes chilling overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2/3 ounce Italian salad dressing mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- lettuce leaf, for serving
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (optional)
- 1Bring about 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan.
- 2Add asparagus, cover and cook until tender, about 6 minutes (Alternatively, you can use 1 1/2 cans (15 ounces each) whole green asparagus spears and skip this step.).
- 3Drain the asparagus and layer it in a shallow glass dish.
- 4Sprinkle each layer with crumbled tarragon leaves, pepper and garlic salt.
- 5Pour salad dressing and vinegar over asparagus, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Serve chilled asparagus on a bed of lettuce leaves.
- 7Top with a dollop of mayonnaise (which you can flavor with some of the dressing), if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Asparagus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 18.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix