Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Don't know the can sizes of Hearts of Palm so I'll guess... I think there's only 1 size on the store shelf. Enjoy! I think this looks pretty with multi colored heirloom cherry tomatoes! Cooking time is marinating time.
- 3 lbs fresh asparagus
- 2 (14 ounce) cans hearts of palm, drained & sliced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus, and remove scales with a pairing knife or vegetable peeler.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 4 minutes, then submerge in cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well. Asparagus should be crisp-tender.
- Combine asparagus & drained hearts of palm and place in a heavy duty zip-top bag.
- Combine well the next 4 ingredients, and pour into bag (might want to double your bags so it doesn't leak).
- Marinate vegetables, turning bag occasionally for about 8 hours.
- When ready to serve - add cherry tomatoes and serve in dressing with a slotted spoon.
Made this as part of a collage of appetizers for a bridal luncheon. It got rave reviews and everyone asked for the recipe. They were speechless when they found out how easy it was to put together! Thanks for an awesome recipe!!
OMG--I made this for an appetizer on Easter Sunday and EVERYONE asked for the recipe. So tasty--this is a KEEPER! Thanks for sharing, Marla