1/2 Photos of Marinated Asparagus and Strawberry Salad
A lovely and elegant spring salad when strawberries and asparagus are at their peak. Makes a satisfying lunch when topped with grilled shrimps or scallops. Found the recipe in a local newspaper on my last trip to Austria.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quarter strawberries, mix with 2 TBS of agave nectar or honey and let macerate for 1/2 hour or until drawing juice.
- 2Prepare asparagus by breaking off tough ends, cut on the bias into 2" pieces.
- 3blanch in boiling lemon water, stems first, add tips after 2 minutes, blanch for one more minute, remove from heat and plunge into ice water to maintain color, do not overcook.
- 4Prepare vinaigrette by whisking 2 TBS of water, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, honey and a TBS of the strawberry juice together, add asparagus and marinate for at least 1/2 hour.
- 5Prepare 4 plates with salad greens,
- 6put the marinated asparagus on the salad greens.
- 7Top with the strawberries.
- 8sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Asparagus and Strawberry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.6
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar