1/1 Photo of Marinated Asparagus
24 hrs 10 mins
This is my MIL recipe for marinated asparagus that she served each year at Passover. I now make it often as a side dish to our main course, and although hubby had it a lot growing up he still loves it. Update: This recipe can be served hot or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot bring 1 inch of water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add asparagus, laying them flat, and simmer about 5 minutes or until crisp tender. Remove the asparagus and run them under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- 3Drain and place the asparagus in a shallow serving dish.
- 4In a glass jar combine oil, vinegar, pimientos, parsley flakes, salt, black pepper, dry mustard and garlic.
- 5Cover tightly and shake until well combined, pour over the asparagus and refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.4
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 793.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g