Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This was originally published in a Southern Living magazine years ago. It goes together quickly, is pretty to look at, and is delicious! Don't marinate for too long, as the vegetables and cheese tend to get "mushy".Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 (15 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced (optional)
- butter lettuce leaf (or lettuce of your choice)
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, for garnish
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all salad ingredients.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and whisk to mix well. Makes about 1 cup marinade.
- Pour marinade over vegetables and toss.
- Chill about 2 hours.
- Put lettuce leaves on serving plates, add marinated vegetables, and garnish with crumbled bacon.