Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
As an appetizer, I serve this on a lettuce bed but its also a great side salad (for non-picky eaters)! It needs to marinate for at least 8 hours.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon diced pimento
- Drain artichoke hearts thoroughly& cut into quarters.
- Combine next 8 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended.
- Stir in artichoke hearts, mushrooms& pimentos, cover with plastic wrap& refrigerate.
- Stir or toss mixture occasionally.
I made this to serve at a small get together, I reduced the lemon juice down slighty, increased the basil and marinated it overnight, everyone loved it! thanks Marg!...Kitten