Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love marinated artichoke hearts, so why not make them ourselves and save money? I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I will soon.
- 2 cups artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices lemons, rind of
- 2 slices lime peel
- 1 cup salad oil (I use olive oil)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Place artichoke hearts and salt in a saucepan containing about 2 inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until slightly tender.
- Pack in pint jars.
- Place a sliver of lemon and lime in each jar.
- Combine the oil, juices and garlic in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour immediately over the artichoke hearts and seal.
- Place caps on jars.
- Process for 20 mins.
- in a water bath canner.
Good stuff, but very lemony. Would definitely use more vinegar, more salt, and less lemon juice. Also add oregano, etc. Maybe a little sugar.
I tried this,easy to make and the kids loved it. they are to please so great job sharon.i have made some other things of hers and am glad i did.