Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this up a couple weeks ago from other recipes. My hubby loved it!!
Make and share this Marinated and Sauteed Fish recipe from Food.com.
- Mix marinade ingredients in glass bowl or pie plate and then add fish. Marinate for no more than 2 hours, you don't want ceviche!
- When ready to make fish put skillet on medium heat with oil and butter.
- In one bowl beat egg. In another bowl put in bread crumbs.
- Dip fillets, one at a time, in egg mixture, then roll in bread crumbs. Discard marinade. Then saute in skillet. Don't overcrowd them! I usually only have room for 2 fillets at a time. Fry 5 minute one side then flip. Fry 5 minute on other side. Fillets are done when flake easily with a fork. flip one more time and cook each side 2 more min if unsure.
- If butter runs low add more, maybe 2 more TB. Add a splash of wine to the skillet if u want.
- Repeat with other fillets. Enjoy!
We enjoyed the flavor from marinating the fish in the wine/lime, garlic & mustard. I used a Basa filet, cut the recipe to 2 servings. Coated the filet with cornflake crumbs used no egg, no butter only 2 tbsp of lite Olive oil to fry them Thanks Jessica K for posting this tasty recipe