Prep 25 mins
Cook 9 hrs
I collected some recipes using currant jelly and this is one of them. You could broil the chops if you like instead of grilling.
- 6 lamb chops
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, crushed
- For Marinade: Mix jelly and mustard in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes so the jelly melts. Stir to blend.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, put this in a shallow pan and submerge chops in the marinade.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- To Cook: Grill the chops over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until they are to your preferred doneness; turning half way through the cooking time. Baste while grilling.
- Prepare garnish sauce by browning shallots in butter and stirring in the white wine and rosemary. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve lamb with the garnish sauce.