Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very versatle, crisp, beautiful and delicious salad I had at a friend's for lunch the other day. It can be made using the veggies listed or you can take out ones you don't like and add others that you do like. I used 1 can veg-all and added 1 can green beans and 1 can garbonzo beans. You personalize it to your family's taste. It also lasts for several days in the refrigerater and is a great side to any meat or fish entree. Hey, it's quite healthy too!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansveg-all mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 (5 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, drained (whole can bs used and simply quartered)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium oranges or 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh carrot
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In saucepan, mix dressing ingredients and bring to a boil stirring constantly with a wire wisk.
- Allow to cool.
- While dressing is cooling, cut veggies and open and drain canned vegetables. (You may wish to rinse canned vegetables as well.).
- Mix all veggie well then pour dressing throughout and gently blend.
- Cover, and refrigerate for a day or over night before serving.
- This recipe can easily be doubled for a larger crowd or picnic.