I found this recipe in Taste of Home's Light and Tasty magazine. It was pretty easy to do and very tasty. You might want to add salt to the meatballs. I prefer more salt rather than less, but it's not necessary.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (I omitted)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 20 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 9 ounces uncoooked spaghetti
- Combine spinach, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, nutmeg, allspice, and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture.
- Mix well.
- Shape into 24 meatballs.
- Place on broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Broil 4-6 inches from heat for 8 minute.
- Turn; broil 3-5 minute longer or until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer meatballs to a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Add spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is warm.
- Cook spaghetti and drain.