Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tomato sauce based on a recipe from The Sopranos Family Cookbook as compiled by Artie Bucco. The Weight Watchers 2 Points Plus is per ½ cup serving.
- 2 large garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 907.18 g very ripe plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped or 793.78 g canitalian peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet and cook the garlic, pressing it occasionally with the back of a spoon, until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and salt to taste. Simmer, stirring often, until the sauce thickens, about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the tomatoes. Stir in the basil leaves.
- Serve over hot cooked spaghetti or other favorite pasta.
Who would have thought, with so few ingredients, that this sauce would have so much flavor!! This is very, very good. One change for this time only, was that I cut the oil back to 1/8 cup. I guess I did not drain the tomatoes, and just cooked it down more. I will be making this again. Made for Please Review My Recipe 2012
I used the canned tomatoes & the rest of the ingredients, seasoning it with a pinch of salt & 1/8 teaspoon of lemon pepper, & that worked out just fine for a very nice tasting sauce! I froze half of it & the rest topped a spaghetti dish that I fixed for a neighbor couple! Loved your sauce, & we look forward to having the rest of it for ourselves soon! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my group mates in the current Aus/NZ Recipe Swap]