Recipe by mersaydees
A tomato sauce based on a recipe from The Sopranos Family Cookbook as compiled by Artie Bucco. The Weight Watchers 2 Points Plus is per ½ cup serving.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Who would have thought, with so few ingredients, that this sauce would have so much flavor!! This is very, very good. One change for this time only, was that I cut the oil back to 1/8 cup. I guess I did not drain the tomatoes, and just cooked it down more. I will be making this again. Made for Please Review My Recipe 2012
- 2 large garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs very ripe plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped or 1 (28 ounce) canitalian peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 8 -10 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet and cook the garlic, pressing it occasionally with the back of a spoon, until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and salt to taste. Simmer, stirring often, until the sauce thickens, about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the tomatoes. Stir in the basil leaves.
- Serve over hot cooked spaghetti or other favorite pasta.