Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
this is the sauce I use in all my recipes, it is the backbone of flavor, and quite honestly the best marinara sauce I have ever had. It makes the best Carbonara I have ever had, delicious with a Pollo parmigiana, anything, you name it, delicious! I don't have the time right now to give you the scaled version, so here is the recipe, I use in my restaurant. You scale it!
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups minced garlic
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 384 ounces crushed red pear tomatoes (3 128 oz. cans)
- 384 ounces tomato sauce
- 256 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1⁄2 cup pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup dried basil
- Add oil to a sauté pan, and sauté the onion and garlic.
- In a big enough pot add your 3 tomato sauces, onion and garlic, and enough water to make it a nice consistency.
- Heat until hot enough to add the spices, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Now depending upon what you want to do, heat the sauce to 160 to 190 degrees, try to do this as long as possible for extra flavor--can take from 45 minutes to 2 hours.
- You now have a delicious marinara sauce that can be used in some of my other recipes, or for anything you want!