1/2 Photos of Marinara Sauce of Alan Leonetti (2 Servings) (((The Best)))
3 hrs 15 mins
Alan Leonetti's Note:
This is the cut down version of my marinara sauce that I usually make and freeze for the year... If the sauce is too thick for you, add a little tomato juice or water or wine, but be careful not to thin it too much. I personally like a very thick sauce. ALL ITALIAN FOOD FROM SOUTHERN ITALY HAS OREGANO. The one person that disagreed with that in their review does NOT know what they're talking about.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans hunts chunky crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans hunts tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (Italian)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 chopped garlic cloves (cut in halves or thirds)
- 1 teaspoon garlic juice (from jar)
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Empty Hunts chunky crushed tomatoes and Hunts tomato paste into the pot.
- 2Add the extra-virgin olive oil to the pot.
- 3Slice the cloves of garlic crosswise into either halves or thirds or pieces, and dump them into the pot.
- 4Dice the shallot, and dump that into the pot.
- 5Add the rest of the ingredients, and stir to mix well with a large long handled wooden spoon.
- 6Do not strain, as the pulp adds to make this a thick and wonderful sauce.
- 7Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring every 10 minutes for about an hour or until it bubbles and is completely heated throughout.
- 8Reduce heat to simmer, and continue to simmer, stirring every 10 or 15 minutes to keep from burning or sticking to the bottom of the pot for 1 or 2 hours.
- 9Remove from heat and give it one last stir.
- 10Serve over spaghetti, ravioli, pasta or use for chicken parmesan, veal parmesan, or anything that calls for a marinara sauce.
- 11NOTE: Use only Hunts Chunky Crushed Tomatoes and Hunts Tomato Paste.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinara Sauce of Alan Leonetti (2 Servings) (((The Best)))
Serving Size: 1 (854 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.1
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2961.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.7 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning