- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- In large sauce pan heat oil over med heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add parsley and onions, slowly add tomatoes. Stir to break up tomatoes.
- Add bay leaf, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer sauce 15 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Add some basil.
- Serve sauce with spaghetti or over meatloaf.