Recipe by hollie_ann
This sauce is the perfect bed to put your chicken milano on. Its flavor just makes my mouth water.
Top Review by M. Joan
DELICIOUS! I didn't have ground beef on hand so used 2 large, skinned Sweet Italian sausage links, crumbled. Wow! What a great recipe! Plan to use with Chicken Parmesan tonight and have plenty left over to freeze and use in other dishes as well. Will make a great spaghetti sauce! Thanks, SongBrd12701!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion (minced finely)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 (6 ounce) cans hunts tomato paste
- 2 (14 ounce) canspeeled Italian-style tomatoes (chop up!)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are clear.
- Add ground beef and brown.
- Add paste and simmer for three minutes.
- Add Tomatoes, sauce, water and spices.
- With low heat, cover and simmer for about 20 to 40 min.
- Remove cover and simmer for an additional 30-60 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.