Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This sauce is the perfect bed to put your chicken milano on. Its flavor just makes my mouth water.
Make and share this Marinara Sauce for Chicken Milano recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion (minced finely)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 (6 ounce) cans hunts tomato paste
- 2 (14 ounce) canspeeled Italian-style tomatoes (chop up!)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Fry onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are clear.
- Add ground beef and brown.
- Add paste and simmer for three minutes.
- Add Tomatoes, sauce, water and spices.
- With low heat, cover and simmer for about 20 to 40 min.
- Remove cover and simmer for an additional 30-60 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
DELICIOUS! I didn't have ground beef on hand so used 2 large, skinned Sweet Italian sausage links, crumbled. Wow! What a great recipe! Plan to use with Chicken Parmesan tonight and have plenty left over to freeze and use in other dishes as well. Will make a great spaghetti sauce! Thanks, SongBrd12701!