Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was served at my son's graduation party (thrown by the school). Everyone was asking for the recipe, thought I'd share it here too. Easy and quick to make, great for those who like a non-meat sauce.
- 3 lbs fresh tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Cut an x in the bottom of the tomatoes; core.
- Place in boiling water, leave in water until skin starts to pull away, remove from boiling water and put in cold water.
- Skin tomato and cut in halfway across the middle.
- Squeeze tomato to remove seeds.
- Dice tomato into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat oil and garlic in medium skillet.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add basil and parsley; heat for 5 more minutes.
- Serve over pasta.