Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this years and years ago and "lost" it in my files. Found it last summer and have been using it ever since. Best with fresh herbs but I use dried when my garden is dormant. Use fresh garlic though! It isn't the same without it! The original recipe called for pureeing all the ingredients in a food processor. We like it better unprocessed with petite diced tomatoes. We also add 1 lb ground beef before simmering. My family is very carnivorous!
- 56 ounces diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup fresh parsley (2 T dried)
- 4 tablespoons fresh oregano (2 t dried)
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil (2 t dried)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine (This was in the original recipe but I have never added it.)
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil until clear and tender. Do not brown!
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 30 minutes.