Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 9 1⁄2 ounces Italian plum tomatoes
- 5⁄8 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 teaspoon white wine
- Puree tomatoes and paste in a food processor.
- Saute garlic in hot oil.
- Do not brown.
- Add tomatoes,oregano,salt,pepper, and wine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat,stir in parsley.
This was really good marinara sauce. I used it for a topping to meatloaf, recipe#214855. TY for posting bass.~
This is a really good basic marinara sauce. I had to use more garlic and oregano. It was too bland for my taste. But overall I really liked it. Thanks!