Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a Zast meatless Sauce. This is really good when you can get the stuff right out of the garden. Enjoy and Please let me know what you think.
- 3 large carrots, finely chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 15 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 cups hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan or Duch oven,saute the carrots,onions, and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add the tomatoes and seasoning,bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat,simmer,uncovered for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until thickened and reduced by half.
- Stirring Occasionally.
This was a great recipe. We loved it and my kids gobbled it up.