Recipe by Elizabeth Fullerton
This is simple flavor at it's best and it is quite simple to make. I make this and take it to work for lunch quite often.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 -6 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat, add onions and garlic, cook for about two minutes, stirring regularly.
- add tomatoes,basil, salt, pepper, when it begins bubbling, reduce heat to low.
- For best taste allow to simmer for two hours but if you are in a rush you can take it off the stove after 45 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve over pasta.